Step Out of Comfort Zone


Fear of failure is what keeps me stuck in the mud. Does that sound familiar? Artist Jack White wrote “Fear is the roadblock preventing us from reaching our full potential. Success is locked in our ability to refuse to allow fear to destroy our future. “ And famous hockey player, Wayne Gretsky said " You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take'.
 

I'm working on getting rid of my fears by trying new things and praying about it. Every time I go paint outdoor, I step out of my comfort zone. Last Monday, I ventured with a group of artists to a beautiful site called Natural Tunnel State Park located in Virginia. We rode the chairlift down and back up. Some artists painted the river, some painted the tunnel but I chose to paint the bridge. The back light shinning throughout the railings attracted me. I am sharing some pictures with you so you can have a glimpse of this wonderful and challenging plein air painting adventure. 

The Bible says: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Sending you all a BIG hug,

Monique
Monique riding the chairlift going down / photo: Janet Hartmann
The Natural Tunnel
The underpainting and the final piece / photo: Leslie Davis
The Bridge, oil on Gessoboard, 8"X8"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the moment

All you need is...

Live And Let Die